There are two main cordless sites available to Residents living on campus at OSU Stillwater (in areas where Wi-Fi can be acquired):
Safe option that is wireless
EDUROAM is guaranteed with WPA2-enterprise encryption. This encryption keeps your data MUCH safer when making use of a computer device on Wi-Fi than a available community does.
In order to connect to EDUROAM:
- Merely choose it in your Wi-Fi setup screen and make use of your complete @okstate.edu email address and password that is OKEY it asks.
- Accept/Trust the safety certification you to do so if it asks.
- This is all you need to do for most devices.
- You may be asked by some devices to decide on other choices included in the connection process.
- If the unit wants an EAP method, enter PEAP. Set Phase 2 Authentication to MSCHAPv2 (this method might be hidden within an “advanced” area).
- Then set the Domain to “ad.okstate.edu” when there is a area for CA Certificates, choose “Use System Certificates” and.
- In the event the device won’t have a “Use System Certificates” inspect site option, you can select “Do not Validate” instead (but remember that this might make you at risk of a person at the center assault, therefore make sure you are linking in a spot for which you expect you’ll discover the EDUROAM solution).
- It blank if you see a field called “Anonymous Identity”, just leave. The remainder choices ought to be left in their standard settings.
Should your products support WPA2-enterprise encryption (smart phones, laptops, and a lot of tablets) we strongly recommend you link those products to EDUROAM.
Start option that is wireless
OSURESLIFE is just a network that is new will not need encryption. It really is just for sale in the household Halls and Apartments (where Wi-Fi is present), it will perhaps perhaps not work over the sleep of campus.
When you have products you want to connect with Wi-Fi it doesn’t support WPA2-enterprise encryption but does support available companies (such as for instance smart television’s, Roku/AppleTV, kindle/nook e-readers, game consoles, etc. ), it is possible to register them to get in touch towards the OSURESLIFE system.
Please remember that this system is unencrypted. You really need to approach this community aided by the caution that is same you’ll an available Wi-Fi system in a restaurant. You shouldn’t make use of a computer device on this community for connecting to any internet site or solution where your information that is personal could at danger. Whenever possible (such as for example with Smart TVs and Game Consoles) it really is much safer and more reliable to merely connect the unit in to the wired community by having an ethernet cable.
products which do not help available companies or WPA2-enterprise (such as for instance smart speakers, wifi lights, wifi video security cameras, etc. ) are currently perhaps perhaps not supported in the Wi-Fi systems at OSU